To make moving a lot easier and to help you prepare and plan your day, we have put together the following checklist.
• Confirm dates with the moving company
• Sign and return the agreement
• Clear the loft, garage, basement, outbuildings and dispose of anything you don’t want
• Contact carpet fitters
• Book disconnection of main services and arrange to have the gas, electricity, telephone and water meters read
Notify changes of address to the following:
• Bank, savings/share accounts
• Telephone, water, HP, rental firms
• TV license, DVLA, Passport Office
• Ask Post Office to re-route mail
• Clean out fridge and freezer and start running down the freezer. Manufacturers and the Trade Association advise against moving freezers in a frozen state
• Disconnect appliances and prepare for transportation - refer to the Manufacturers' instructions/handbooks
• Arrange minders for children and pets for the day and suitable transport for your pets Find and label keys
• Take down curtains/blinds
• Put together a basic catering pack for the family at the new home
• Prepare plants for transit
• Have TV aerials or satellite dishes taken down if they are part of the move
Use our moving day checklist to assist you in moving. For more information on our services call us on 01253 206555.
On The Day
We are dedicated to making your move an exciting and stress-free experience
• Keep your valuables with you and carry them personally to your new home
• Before departing check that nothing has been forgotten. A final walk round is always recommended.
• Ensure the removal crew have directions to your new home and a contact number for you on the way
• Arrive at the new property, with the keys, before the removal van.
Security Tip When you move, there is always a risk that junk mail delivered to your old address could be used by criminals to clone your identity and obtain credit cards etc. in your name. To stop this happening contact the Mailing Preference Service 0845 703 4599